If you love cooking and want to try it out as a career or if you’re a professional cook looking for a job then this cook job in Toronto is for you. APPLY NOW
Cook Job In Toronto Description
A cook in an Egyptian restaurant is responsible for preparing meals according to the menu and recipes provided. They must use the correct techniques for each dish and ensure that the food is properly cooked, seasoned and presented. They must also maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen and ensure that all food safety regulations are adhered to. Other duties may include portioning and plating food, washing dishes, and stocking supplies.
The restaurant, located at Richmond Street, Toronto Ontario, urgently requires 1 cook with knowledge of Egyptian cuisine to cook meals as per the restaurant’s style and standards.
Details of cook job in Toronto
|Company Name||MAHA’S RESTAURANT|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Job Responsibilities||Read below|
- Prescribing menus and dishes to be served at the restaurant in accordance with the restaurant’s standard style.
- Make sure that all meals are served according to quality standards established by the restaurant.
- Must possess the knowledge of how to operate cooking equipment such as grills, fryers, griddles and others.
- Calculating the size of food portions and estimate food requirements, costs and savings.
- Cooking meals for the restaurant’s “special of the day” offerings.
- Follow all special customer instructions meticulously.
- Adhere to food preparation standards in order to control costs and quality.
- Employees should follow applicable health and safety policies and procedures in order to maintain a safe and hygienic work environment.
- Maintain inventory, check stocks, and place orders in anticipation of customer demand.
- Cookers and other kitchen equipment should be used properly.
Hourly wage is $17 and must work a minimum of 30 hours per week, with availability to work in shifts and on weekends.
Overtime pay is calculated at 1.5 times the employee’s normal rate after 44 hours per week.
For a person to be considered for this position, they must be hardworking, organized, dedicated, and capable of working in a fast-paced environment.