Law clerk jobs are highly coveted positions for recent law school graduates and lawyers who are looking to gain valuable experience in the legal field. A law clerk is a legal professional who assists judges and attorneys in researching legal issues, drafting opinions, and preparing cases for trial.
Law Clerk Job Details
|Company Name||Agueci Calabretta|
|Location||North York, Ontario, Canada|
|Job Requirement||Read below|
|Salary||$55,000 – $65,000/Year|
- Prepare, serve and file small claims and superior court documents in accordance with legal requirements.
- Drafting legally binding documents and letters; preparing packages for process servers; and other miscellaneous administrative tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Operate secure communications media, including ACL, Collectlink and other secure communication networks, as required.
- Update and maintain file status charts using Korbitec Ghostpractice, update and maintain issue/file lists.
- Assist Senior Paralegal staff as necessary.
- Prepare, assign, and liaise with skip tracer to follow up on files to ensure they are completed.
- Assist the attorneys on staff in their legal matters, as required.
- Issue invoices to clients and report to them on a regular basis.
Law Clerk Vacancy Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of three to five years of previous experience as a Mortgage Enforcement Law Clerk is required.
- Strong knowledge of the litigation process in Ontario, including its procedures, rules, and court rulings.
- The ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail while balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Completion of a related post-secondary education program in a law clerk program.
- Previous experience of using suite of applications included in the Microsoft Office 365 service: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote.
- Prior experience with Techom/ACL//FCT/Collectlink.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work independently and problem-solving abilities; good judgement and decision making skills.
- Business casual attire
- Parking is available on-site
- Extended health benefits may be available
8-hour shifts; Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.