In recent years, the most in demand law based job has been offshore accident lawyer but there is another type of law known as maritime lawyer job which is an essential part of legal practice that provides for regulation of activities on the high seas and inland waterways. With a long coast line and busy maritime industry in Europe, there is an increasing need of jobs for maritime lawyers.
The article discusses what a maritime law career entails, among others like the duties involved, qualifications and prerequisites among other things.
Maritime Lawyer Job Description
|Company Name||Interlink Talent Solutions|
|Experience||Worked as a cashier before|
|Job Requirement||Read below|
In Europe, one is tasked to do various things when it comes to Maritime lawyers.
They deal with issues on maritime law relating to shipping, trade, marine insurance, salvage operations, environmental laws and so on. Such attorneys just like maritime lawyer new orleans, usually carry out tasks related to marine accidents, cargos, and injuries on seas.
Other responsibilities for maritime lawyer or shipping lawyer job may include:
- Dealing with a wide range of shipping litigation cases, such as charter party claims, cargo damage claims, and salvage disputes.
- Carrying out legal investigations, prepare legal papers, and offer competent legal advice.
- Appearing on behalf of clients in trials and negotiation forums.
- Working together with other departments of the firm to give the clients complete and satisfactory legal services.
- Keep abreast of market trends and relevant shipping litigations.
Shipping Lawyer or a Maritime Lawyer job requires:
- A qualified solicitor with not less than five to seven years’ post qualification experience in shipping litigation.
- Maritime law and practice experience.
- Experience of dealing with complicated shipping cases.
- They should have outstanding research and writing abilities.
- Self-directedness, as well as being able to operate in a team environment.
- A promise to provide unmatched client satisfaction.