In the bustling city of Toronto, there is a growing trend towards urban farming job opportunities. This activity is now being recognized as a crucial part of the city’s efforts towards sustainable development. As cities continue to grow, there is an increasing need for creative ideas to address the rising desire for fresh, locally sourced produce.
This article delves into the significance of urban farmers in Toronto, Canada, the jobs requirements and duties.
Urban Farming Job Details
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in agriculture|
|Job Requirement||Read below|
Duties Of This Job
- As an integral part of this urban farming job role, individuals will be responsible for coordinating and preparing materials for installation.
- During the installation period, they are responsible for coordinating and making the necessary arrangements with the company’s team.
- They will also need to provide assistance in maintaining the company’s urban farms and mobilizing members of the organizations.
- Urban farming job holders would also need to perform all other tasks related to farming, including:
- Tying up plants
- Controlling pests
- Cleaning and delivering crops
- They will be required to participate in team meetings. Additionally, they will be responsible for writing reports and documenting the activities that take place in each of the production spaces.
- They also conduct inspections, ensure quality standards are met, and generate reports for management.
Prerequisites Of Urban Farming Job
- To be eligible for this position, you must possess a DEC or equivalent in agriculture or urban agriculture.
- Having prior experience and feeling at ease with regularly utilizing various technological tools is a must.
- Being familiar with and proficient in the use of a phone, the Microsoft Office suite, and video conferencing platforms.
- To effectively communicate in both written and spoken forms of French and English, it is important to be bilingual and comfortable.