Welding job is a highly skilled professional process which joins two or more metal pieces by heating them to their melting point, then allowing them to solidify as they cool. This technique is utilized in various industries, from construction and manufacturing to automotive and aerospace. As a rewarding and challenging career, welding provides numerous opportunities for growth and advancement.
Welding Job Details
|Company Name||Structcon Ltd.|
|Location||Burlington, Ontario, Canada|
|Job Requirement||Read below|
Responsibilities Of This Job
- Interpret blueprints and evaluate welding process specifications in a professional manner.
- Carry out Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) in all positions.
- Execute FCAW in all orientations.
- Operate welding and flame-cutting equipment manually or with semi-automatic systems.
- Position equipment at work sites by lifting, moving or by positioning.
- Work in a steel industry environment that specializes in shipbuilding and repair.
Qualifications For Welding Job
- A minimum of 5+ years experience working as a welder in either new build shipbuilding or ship repair is mandatory.
- Experience is required in constructing and repairing ships.
- A secondary/high school education degree, plus completion of vocational/technical training or equivalent or at least five years of related experience.
- To be considered for this welding job, applicants must prove they possess the necessary welding abilities by passing welding proficiency tests.
- Candidates applying for this welding job with welding trade certification or a similar qualification will be preferred.
- The employer will carry out a background check.
- Candidates must wear respiratory protective equipment and comply with all safety regulations regarding proper fitting and usage.
- Candidates must be able and willing to work at various heights from ladders, scaffolding and platforms, as well as in confined spaces, regardless of weather conditions. They must also be prepared to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and work overtime if required.